Sunday, October 26, 2008

State Fair!

Well, a little late posting on this but............

We had so much fun! Since it is October, Matt doesn't get very many days off so we were very lucky we could all go together. When we went through the gate there was a measuring stand thing so we could see what rides the Rooster would be tall enough to ride on. The drive to the Fair Matt was wishing that Ruby would be tall enough to ride some rides with him. Well he got his wish! I, however was officially terrified! I did my very best not to let Ruby see it. She was so excited that she could ride rides with her Dadoo. They practically ran to get to the BIG swings. That is always Matt's first ride at the Fair. I used to love the swings when I was younger it was always my first ride too at our County Fair. Then I discovered nausea!! So I don't ride so much anymore! Anyway, we all get on. I am freaking the @#$% out and holding all those bad horrible thoughts in and trying to make them go somewhere else! Ruby and Matt are about to wet themselves they are so excited (mostly Matt!) Then Ruby gets this worried look on her face and I was like, "crap she knows I am nervous"! But we were able to remind her how much she LOVES the Fair and it passed as quickly as it came on. Then up we went and all I could hear was Ruby and Matt whooping with sheer joy. Ruby kept screaming, "WOOHOO! I LOVE THIS RIDE, IT IS THE BESTEST EVER WOOHOO!" I was like, "Ohhhhhhhh please end, please end, I'm done, hope no one throws up and it splashes in face, oh Matt and Ruby sure are having fun, it's okay, it's okay, almost done now..........................oh. my. it is still freaking going, hey I'll take some pics, seriously?... still not finished, okay okay slowing down, yes thank goodness it is ending, whew, my child stayed in her seat and didn't fly out, okay now I really need to barf!" That is just the shortened organized version for writing, I think it was a little more chaotic in my head! Ruby went on to ride many rides safely. We went through a house of mirrors that was hilarious! Ruby likes to do everything as fast as possible because she is just so excited, so she was trying to fly through there. Yeah, it didn't work out so well for her! Especially her forehead! But she loved it and did it a couple more times. Then we ate! Mmmmmmm! Ruby had a double decker corn dog, I had grater taters covered in cheese sauce, Matty had a Philly, and we washed it all down with an enormous lemonade! Ahh so good! Later we had the fried Oreos and ohhhhhhh myyyyyyyyy gooooooooooodness! Let me just say those things were unbelievably awesome! At first I was thinking, "eh whats the big deal Oreos are good as they are." Now I know that from here on out if I don't get me some of those every time we go, something bad could happen!!! They were like funnel cakes with a fudgey center. Highly recommend them if you see them. It was a great time!
Wow, is this not the longest post ever?!!



Our trip in from the parking lot.

Yep, she's tall enough!

A little worried.

Not so much anymore!

No comments: