Tuesday, December 2, 2008
We're back!
Oh my goodness did we have some fun! We left on Wednesday after we got out of work early. I left at about one o'clock and Matty had a little trouble leaving his work. Some jerk thought it would be okay for him not to come to work and he could just go ahead and go out of town for the day. This said jerk was who Matty was waiting on to come in so he could leave. We eventually made it on our way, ran in to some traffic of all places over the river bridge!! We found some good radio stations from Missouri to Illinois and were just jammin' along. I didn't even fall asleep, and that is freaking awesome for me! We rolled in about 2am, had some cripple crocket cake and went to bed. We woke up and started cooking Thanksgiving very slowly! The guys did some construction work while we cooked and chatted. Eventually we sat down and had a freaking awesome dinner. I of course ate too much so I needed a belly stretch and I kinda feel asleep and didn't wake up till about 4am! Then I just pulled up the covers and went back down! Friday we were going to go to the Children's Museum and play around there but that Monday Ruby had some kiddo bonk her in her tooth. We noticed the night before her tooth was starting to discolor and we were worried that it might be spreading something funky to her permanent teeth. It just seemed to get darker and darker so 900 phone calls later we found a dentist that was open and would see her. So we ended up spending too much time at the dentists office. We went to Dunkin Donuts afterwards and had some coffee and donuts. YUMMMMMMY! Then we went to some shops behind us got some presents and we left for the City. Got to do a nice tour, we saw the Colts training facility, the Indy 500, Victory field (minor league baseball), the Colts new stadium, went downtown and saw lots of even more neat things! Had some lunch and went to set up camp to watch the lighting of Monument Circle. Sooooo cold! But it was fun! Saturday we did the Rensselaer tour. We drove through the neat little town saw where Dan & Erin grew up. Then we headed to Dan's parents home and she made us her world famous lasagna! Soooo good! Dan's dad took the kiddos for a walk around the property and they had so much fun, they looked at tracks and looked for arrowheads and anything else they could find! Then it was off to Erin's parents house where we had some warm wine and chatted. Then Erin and I decided we should taste what all they had for Thanksgiving! Then we went out to Erin's sisters home where she was having a little get together. On the way out there it was dark and we were way out in the country and you could see the lights from Chicago! I thought that was so neat, it's about an hour away. But there aren't any hills, trees, or any other towns between them. Then we headed home. When we woke up Sunday morning there was about 2 inches of snow on the ground. The kiddos had so much fun playing in it! Then we loafed around, watched some football, ate, and played some games, and watched Christmas Vacation. Got up the next morning and headed home in the snow! It snowed till midway through Missouri. Then the annoying drive between Memphis and LR. And we're home. We had such a great time! Thank you so much Dan and Erin! I'm too tired to post pics I'll try to get around to that tomorrow! G'night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment